THE EAGLES DEFEAT THE BUCCANEERS IN TAMPA, IMPROVE TO 3-0 * NOTEBOOK
* Philadelphia improved to 3-0 and is one of only three remaining undefeated teams in the NFL through the first three weeks of the season, joining Miami and San Francisco.
* The Eagles are 3-0 for the second consecutive year and 11th time overall. This also marks the third instance in which they have started 3-0 in back-to-back seasons in team history, previously doing so in 1980-81 and 1992-93.
* Nick Sirianni has produced a 26-11 career record with the Eagles, marking the highest regular season winning percentage (.703) by a head coach in franchise history. It is also tied for the third-best mark by an NFL head coach since the 2021 season, trailing only Andy Reid (.757, 28-9) and Sean McDermott (.722, 26-10) in that category.
* Philadelphia has won 20 of its last 21 regular-season games (.952) started by Jalen Hurts. Since 2021, Hurts’ .758 winning percentage (25-8) leads all NFL QBs.
* Hurts has won each of his last 10 regular-season away games dating back to Week 17 of 2021. It is the longest such streak in franchise history and longest by any NFL QB since Patrick Mahomes from 11/18/19-12/20/20 (11).
* Philadelphia has recorded the third-highest primetime winning percentage (.667, 20-10) in the NFL since 2017, behind Kansas City (.706, 24-10) and Baltimore (.682, 15-7). The Eagles have won 6 of their last 7 primetime games and are 2-0 at night in 2023.
* With a 36-yard FG by Jake Elliott that capped an 8-play, 26-yard drive, Philadelphia jumped out to a 3-0 advantage during the first quarter following its second series of the game. The Eagles have been the first team to score in all three games this season.
* The score was set up by a career-long, 52-yard punt return by Britain Covey. It was the longest punt return recorded by an Eagle since 2020.
* Philadelphia made it a 10-3 score in the second quarter when Jalen Hurts hooked up with Olamide Zaccheaus for a 34-yard TD, finishing an 8-play, 84-yard drive.
* Zaccheaus recorded each of his first 2 receptions as an Eagle during the possession, combining for 58 yards with 24- and 34-yard catches.
*Reed Blankenship intercepted Buccaneers QB Baker Mayfield on a pass intended for WR Chris Godwin to set up the Eagles at the TB 37 at the two-minute mark in the second quarter. The takeaway marked the second INT of Blankenship’s career.
* Philadelphia reclaimed possession late in the second quarter when Jalen Carter recorded his first-career FF against Buccaneers RB Rachaad White on a reception that was recovered by James Bradberry to set up the Eagles at the TB 37 again.
* The Eagles are the only team with multiple takeaways in every game this year.
After Carter’s FF, Jake Elliott increased the Eagles’ lead to 13-3 at the end of the first half when he connected on his second FG of the game with a 38-yarder.
* Philadelphia jumped out to a 20-3 advantage during the third quarter with a 13-play, 75-yard scoring drive that finished with a 1-yard rushing TD by Jalen Hurts.
* Hurts’ 29 rushing TDs are the most ever by an NFL QB in their first 50 career games. The record was previously held by Cam Newton (28, 2011-14).
* With a 29-yard run late in the third quarter, D’Andre Swift eclipsed 100+ rushing yards for the second straight week. It is the second time in his NFL career that he has reached 100+ rushing yards in back-to-back games, previously accomplishing the feat on 11/14/21-11/21/21 with Detroit (130- and 136-yard performances).
* The Eagles increased their lead to 22-3 late in the third quarter when Nicholas Morrow and Jordan Davis combined to stop Buccaneers RB Rachaad White in the end zone for a safety. It was the first safety logged by Philadelphia since 11/1/20 vs. Dallas.
* A.J. Brown totaled 131 receiving yards on 9 receptions. This is his fourth game as an Eagle with 120+ receiving yards, and his first since 12/18/22 at Chicago.
* The Eagles recorded 201 yards on the ground, marking the first time Philadelphia has rushed for 200+ yards in consecutive contests since 2021, in Week 11 vs New Orleans (11/21/21) and Week 12 @ N.Y. Giants (11/28/21).
* Philadelphia’s defense allowed only 41 rushing yards against the Bucs. This marks the first time the Eagles have posted consecutive performances of allowing less than 45 yards rushing since 1994, in Week 2 vs Chicago (9/12/94) and Week 3 vs Green Bay (9/18/94).
MORE FROM THE GAME
* Brandon Graham appeared in his 181st career regular-season game, moving him into third place on the club’s all-time list. Only David Akers (188, 1999-2010) and Brian Dawkins (183, 1996-2008) have played in more games with the franchise.
* Jason Kelce started his 142nd consecutive regular-season game, which marks the second-longest active streak among all NFL players, trailing only Atlanta’s Jake Matthews (145).
* Kelce’s streak is the longest by an NFL center since Casey Wiegmann from 2001-11 (175). It is the second-longest in team history, behind Jon Runyan (144, 2000-08). *
Notebook is from Eagles Media Realtions Department.
Assembled by Al Thompson
Email Al Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org